DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
1. Conduct Pro-active Inspection, Annual General Inspection/Operational Readiness Security Inspection Test and Evaluation (AGI/ORSITE) and Special Section Inspection of determine the state of readiness and willingness to perform official police functions as well as the character and behavior, and state of discipline of PNP personnel and units from the National Headquarters down to the lowest Police Community Blocks or Precincts;
2. Conduct management audit on all PNP units and offices to determine the condition, effectiveness, adequacy and management of assigned resources to accomplish the assigned mission;
3. Identify obstacles that hinder the accomplishment of the PNP units or offices with regard their mission and function;
4. Establish strong liaisoning between the PNP units or offices and community or clientele such as the local government, church, non-government organizations and business sectors in order to determine the quality of services and the attitude or behavior of the police toward these various sectors;
5. Render periodic report on the result of the inspection and audits and assessment, analysis and evaluation of the character and behavior of PNP personnel and units; and
6. Perform such other functions as the Inspector General may direct.
1. Determine whether the guidelines, directives policies, circulars, rules and regulations and other issuances promulgated by the PNP, NAPOLCOM, Office of the President, other government agencies are being implemented;
2. Determine extent of accomplishment of PNP units based on Operations, Plans and Budget (OPB), Program of Expenditures (POE) or Net Working Appropriation (NWA) whichever is applicable;
3. Determine the state of discipline and morale of PNP personnel;
4. Determine the administrative and operational readiness of the PNP office;
5. Assess their level of effectiveness and efficiency of PNP personnel;
6. Determine whether the Centrally Managed Items allocated to PNP units/offices have been received;
7. Determine if the previous deficiencies noted have been corrected;
8. Validate the reports submitted by the PNP units/offices to the Chief, PNP and/or Inspector General;
9. Prepare quarterly inspection report to Inspector General; and
10. Perform such other functions as the Inspector General may direct.
1. Examine whether or not the fund allocated to a particular PNP unit has been properly utilized for the purpose for which it was intended;
2. Conduct all types of audit such as: performance audit, financial, logistics, personnel pro-active, special management audit of the PNP units and personnel;
3. Assess whether financial operations are properly conducted;
4. Assess whether the financial reports of the audited unit are presented fairly;
5. Determine whether laws, policies, rules and regulations have been observed while incurring the expenditures;
6. Prepare quarterly audit report to the Inspector General; and
7. Perform such other functions as the Inspector General may direct.
Assessment, Analysis and Evaluation Section
1. Prepare the inspection and audit portion of the periodic assessment, analysis and evaluation report of the character and behavior, and state of discipline of PNP personnel and units from the National Headquarters down to the lowest Police Community, Blocks or Precincts as required;
2. To determine the quality of the services and the attitude and behavior of the police towards the community; and
3. Prepare quarterly assessment, analysis and evaluation report to the Inspector General.